Beautiful Catalina Island
Discover enchantment everywhere you turn on a nine-mile journey through the hillsides and heart of Avalon. Your tour stops at the beautiful Wrigley Memorial and Botanical Garden. After viewing a video presentation of the garden's purpose and history, you will then be guided through selected areas of the gardens. Depart from the Green Pleasure Pier for a ride on the Glass-Bottom Boat. Enjoy Catalina's crystal clear waters teeming with colorful fish and unusual plants. Walk to the Catalina Island Museum. Complete a scavenger hunt research sheet on the history of Catalina. Guided tour of the Casino Building. There are no poker tables at this Casino! It was named from the Italian word meaning a "place of entertainment". Big bands played as the swing kids danced the night away in the 1930's and 40's.
YOUR TRIP INCLUDES:
- Round trip boat ride from Long Beach or Newport Beach.
- Nine mile Avalon Scenic tour.
- Botanical Gardens tour and Wrigley Memorial or Casino Ballroom tour.
- Glass bottom boat ride.
- Catalina Island museum.
- Experienced Travel Teens tour guide.
- One teacher or administrator goes FREE with 35 participants.
OPTIONAL ACTIVITIES: Scavenger hunt, Miniature golf, Beach volleyball, Browsing Avalon Shops